Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My First Crafts Show Labor Day was a beautiful here in NY and everyone was about - just not about where the crafts show was sadly :( Sales were slow all around. A few people had more than 2 sales so they made their booth fee. And luckily it was a low fee or many of us would have been pretty mad! My first experience was a relaxed one, meeting nice, friendly and supportive vendors. IMO, my one sale for the day was ok with me. (Thanks, K!)
Here's a pic of my display:
I can hear it now: Tsk, tsk, tsk. 1. Can you tell I didn't give much thought to my display? No, I didn't - no, not true - what I wanted to do would have cost me more money and I couldn't find street trash items to make do! Well, I'll keep looking so I can be prepared for the next opportunity.
2. I didn't have enough in inventory. There are definitely too many empty spaces here. 3. The black board on its own didn't have enough punch. Visitors couldn't see it from across the room where they entered. Customers were definitely intrigued as I displayed each item on my hand; my pieces couldn't shine !
Anyhoo, onto the next venture: A Home Sale in October with Lakshmi - stay tuned!

No comments: